Courage, Strength and Support After Loss - An 8 - Week Grief Support Group
If you have lost someone to death in the last 6 months, the grief can be excruciatingly painful.
You feel numb, empty, and worried that you are not grieving this loss the right way. One day are fine and the next you can't get out of bed. You don’t think anyone could understand your pain.
This is the time when the support of others may be the most helpful. This 8-week group can help you feel more confident that you can survive and even grow through this loss. You will have coping strategies, support from others and a plan on how to get through this the anguish of grief.
You will begin to understand the grief process and how to cope with the waves of emotions and many life changes. Listening to others with similar life experiences and sharing of your personal experiences in a safe and confidential space has proven to help in healing.
We will meet Monday evenings from 6:00 to 8:00 pm CST via Zoom for 8 weeks. The cost is $40/session, and we will explore a different theme each week. (See Schedule Below)
To Register for this group please complete and submit the form below:
8-week Group Schedule of Topics: 1. Introductions, ground-rules, group structure and curriculum. Basics of grief, mourning; selfcare. Tell your story of loss.
2. Check-in / catch-up. Normal grief responses; handling emotions in grief. (Reminder: Session 2 is last night for new members to join.)
3. Check-in / catch-up. Myths and Facts about grief; share favorite qualities of loved ones, mementos, pictures.
4. Check-in / catch-up. Coping Strategies – Building Resilience.
5. Check-in / catch-up. Practical considerations.
6. Check-in / catch-up. Changes in family, identity, roles.